The NOVAMOOC International Conference “New Trends and Perspectives in Open Education “, taking place from 8 to 9 September 2017 in Timisoara, Romania will include project results, insights and experience from team practice. There will also be information sessions covering different initiatives and developments linked to this field or examples of good practices related to MOOCs worldwide.
The primary goal of the conference is to bring together educational actors and stakeholders such as teachers, trainers, technologists, researchers, course designers, doctoral students in the fields of new technologies, pedagogies and policies related to Open Education, Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in order to share knowledge, approaches, strategies, models, solutions and applications in an educational context.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The conference’s topics include (but are not limited to):
- Open education – the meaning of “open”: open access, open scholars, open educators, open learning, open science, open data etc.
- Open pedagogy and open educational practices (OEPs)
- The economics of open education
- Issues at the intersection of open and assessment
- Tools and technologies supporting open education
- OERs/MOOCs: policy and systemic impact (open policies)
- Good practices of using OERs and MOOCs in HE / Adult Education (digital literacies, skills, pedagogy)
- MOOCs – design, learning, teaching, quality assurance, etc.
- Platforms for MOOC hosting
- Strategies/Models for MOOCs: video/content creation, facilitation, assessment, student motivation, quality assurance, certification and accreditation, open badges
- MOOCs and personalized learning
- MOOCs and flipped classrooms/blended learning
- Recognition and validation of language skills acquired through MOOCs
- Business models for MOOCs
- Mobile technologies and OERs/MOOCs
- OERs/MOOCs and Life-wide Learning
- New trends in MOOCs: Massive Open Online Research (MOOR)
- Field studies about interaction in large learning groups
- Social Media use for open content/OER creation
- Social Media use for communication and collaboration within MOOCs
- Human-Computer-Interaction concepts to enhance interactions in MOOCs
- MOOCs and digital resilience
- Cross-cultural MOOCs
- MOOC performance metrics and learning analytics
- Big data in Education
This year, the NOVAMOOC conference will be held together with the SMART conference.