The main objectives of the project include:
- Realization of a qualitative, prospective study regarding the development and implementation of MOOCs in universities towards opening new research directions in the educational area.
- Implementation of a sociological quantitative research adapted to the particularities of the Romanian socio-cultural space.
- Elaboration of recommendations regarding educational policies of MOOCs implementation in the context of higher education institutions.
- Promoting examples of good practices and making pedagogical design recommendations in the valorization of MOOC resources.
- Creating an academic network between the Romanian universities, based on mutual knowledge of the realities and problems encountered.
- Publishing articles in specialized journals (BDI and/or ISI indexed) upon interpretation of research data.
- Developing teachers’ new abilities and competencies (transversal skills) after participating in a MOOC; the course offers the opportunity to keep up with modern applications, technologies, and open educational resources.
At the end of 2017, all the indicators were achieved. Thus, one can access the project results as papers, presentations, workshops, webinars, MOOC courses, a recommendation guide about educational policy regarding open education, a preliminary report about university teachers’ online training needs and the state-of-the-art for the final scientific event of the project, the International Conference “New Trends and Perspectives in Open Education“.
At the end of 2016, all the indicators were achieved. Thus, one can access the project results as papers (at least 2 articles indexed BDI/ISI), presentations (at least 2 participations), workshops (at least 2 at preuniversity and academic level), webinars (at least 2)*, a MOOC course (as deliverable one pilot course / it will be available later in spring 2017 on the platform http://west-university-of-timisoara.teachable.com/), an introductory guide about the state of the art MOOC 2016, a ministudy about MOOC policies, a preliminary report about preuniveristy teachers’ online training needs and the new series of Journal of Social Informatics (Revista de Informatica Sociala), vol. XI (no1-2/2016).
In 2016, the project NOVAMOOC won the Excellence Award, design to recognize Romanian best online educational practices (CNIV 2016).
In 2015, Gabriela Grosseck and Carmen Holotescu received a diploma awarded by Bucharest University as recognition of scientific contributions in the field of e-learning at International Conference on Virtual Learning (ICVL).
Activity report for October – December 2015: click on Scientific report 2015 to access the pdf format.
Activity report for January – December 2016: click on Scientific report 2016 to access the pdf format.
Activity report for January – December 2017: click on Scientific report 2017 to access the pdf format.