Key note speaker: GILES PEPLER
Giles Pepler has a BA in Psychology and Philosophy and a teaching qualification from the University of Oxford. He joined Sero as a Senior Consultant in 2006, following leadership roles in schools (Secondary Headteacher) and further education (College Principal). With Sero Giles has led and managed a broad range of national and international e-learning, benchmarking and digital transformation projects: for the Scottish Funding Council (2007), Becta (2008-10), the EU Lifelong Learning Programme (2011-14) and most recently for the Jisc Digital Student programme (2015-16).
Giles was Deputy Project Manager to Prof Paul Bacsich for the EU-funded project POERUP, Policies for OER Uptake, and worked with him on Shared OER for IPTS, the EU Science Hub’s research arm, and a research report on OER for adults in higher education for the European Parliament. He is an experienced presenter at international conferences, including EDEN, OER13-15 and INTED.
He has worked with senior managers and sector bodies on the development of e-learning policies programmes and change management strategies to make these effective, including work with Prof Paul Bacsich on the GWELLA benchmarking programme for HEIs in Wales and the Erasmus D-TRANSFORM digital leadership project. He is knowledgeable and experienced in survey design, interviewing and project analysis and evaluation.
- Gabriela Grosseck, West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Diana Andone, Politechnica University of Timisoara, Romania
- Carmen Holotescu, “Ioan Slavici” University Timisoara, Romania
- Malinka Ivanova, Technical University Sofia, Bulgaria
- Ilona Buchem, Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin, Germany
- Mar Camacho, University of Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
- Huseyin Bicen, Near East University, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Teodora Chicioreanu, Politechnica University Bucharest, Romania
- Laura Malita West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Ramona Bran, West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Monica Patrut, Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau, Romania
- Bogdan Patrut, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi, Romania
- Antoanela Naaji, “Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad, Romania
- Razvan Bogdan, Politechnica University of Timisoara, Romania